Rules for Vampires
All vampires in Mystery Sleuths operate under these rules:
• Vampires need to drink blood as often as a regular human needs food. They still have human-sized stomachs, so getting drained by a vampire isn’t necessarily fatal.
• Once bitten, a victim can be placed under a vampire’s hypnotic control as a thrall. Vampires prefer to feed by draining a victim, then thralling them every so often so they can feed repeatedly. Younger vampires can only thrall about five people at once, while older ones have placed thousands under their control.
• A vampire can create more vampires by swapping blood with the intended target. This can be through ingestion or a blood transfusion. Vampire’s can’t thrall other vampires.
• A vampire’s weak point is the heart. You don’t necessarily need a stake to kill a vampire.
• Vampires light on fire in direct sunlight. Sunlamps, tanning beds, and black lights don’t work. It’s a magic thing.
• Vampires can retract their fangs, making detection difficult. However, they do not have reflections and can be identified that way.